ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR MISS SA 2018
- Be older than 20 years, or under 27 years of age by 31 May 2019.
- Be born after 1 June 1991, or before 3 May 1998.
- Be a South African citizen and in possession of a valid South African ID document or passport.
- Be in possession of a Matric Certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Not be married and never have had a marriage annulled.
- Not be engaged.
- Never have been pregnant, never have given birth and not currently be pregnant.
- Not have any visible tattoos.
- Have no criminal record.
- Be truthful in respect of all matters in relation to the run-up to the pageant, the pageant itself and the period after the pageant. False information will lead to disqualification.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Finalists will be contracted to Sun International and Cell C to partake in pre-pageant activities.
- Finalists will be required to attend a limited number of engagements. They will therefore not be eligible to enter another competition.
- Miss SA 2018 will be contracted to Sun International and Cell C for the full year of her reign.
- She will remain contracted to the Miss SA Organisation (Sun International and Cell C) for two years after the completion of her reign, for a maximum of 12 appearances a year.
- No direct family of Sun International and Cell C, the sponsors, advertising agencies or suppliers associated with the pageant will be permitted to enter.
- Miss SA contestants are required to adhere to the guidelines of the Miss SA Organisation, Cell C and Sun International with respect to social media, media and public correspondence, communication and interaction.
- Rules of the Miss Universe and Miss World pageants are applicable to all Miss SA entrants.
All Miss SA 2018 entrants must attend a regional judging session. Kindly note, the regional judging is open to the public and media and will be recorded for broadcast purposes.
The regional judging sessions will be conducted by a panel of judges and involves 2 categories:
- Cocktail dress - overall presence, ability to communicate and sense of style
- Swimsuit - fitness and poise
Please Bring The Following Compulsory Documents To The Regional Judging:
- Your completed hard copy of your entry form
- A certified copy of your: South African ID book or South African passport or South African Birth Certificate
- A certified copy of your Matric Certificate
- Attach 2 recent (not older than 3 months) A4 colour photographs:
- Head and shoulders
- Full length in swimwear (appropriately dressed)
- Wardrobe for regional judging:
- For arrival, please wear elegant cocktail wear and high heels
- Thereafter, bikini with nude coloured high heels
Below you will find answers to questions frequently posed by young women who are interested in becoming the next Miss South Africa. You will read about the roles and repsonsibilites as well as gain access to a host of helpful tips which will assist you when preparing your entry form.